Friday, June 12, 2020

Eighth Grade Graduation GIF's

Every year since I’ve been at Rashi, I’ve led students in a collaborative graduation art project. Each year, it’s been a variation on the theme of a self-portrait. There have been clay miniatures, stained glass, graffiti tags, silhouettes made of tiny words, and much, much more. The challenge for me each year is to find the project that fits the class. It wasn’t hard to think of ideas for year’s eighth grade; it was hard to narrow down all of the projects I knew they’d excel at to just one project, one perfectly suited medium for them to express themselves and to leave their mark on the school.

This year, they created animated gifs. It’s an idea I’d been tossing around in my head for awhile because I knew how much fun it would be, in both process and product. It seemed fitting to have them use technology to express themselves, since that has become such a theme of the last few months. Now, we all know that technology has its limitations- and we’re all a little tired of our screens at this point- but I think you’ll love seeing all of the different ways the students harnessed their technological skills, blended these skills with imagination, and added the  spark of personality. Enjoy!




























No comments:

Post a Comment