Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Passover Projects Recap: K-1

Where does the school year go?  And how is it possible I haven't been on here in six weeks? I have so many beautiful projects to tell you all about, so here I go.

The Passover projects were beautiful and I wish I could have seen all of them at the seders. I tried a few new projects, as well as some classics that I've been teaching for years. I hope everyone enjoyed them!

Kindergarteners and first graders used decoupage and watercolor techniques to create these beautiful salt water bowls and mats. We reviewed the blessings over the herb and salt water, and attached them to the projects in Hebrew and in English.

The mats were created using watercolor paint- but there was a twist that the kids loved. When you add salt to wet watercolor, it absorbs and forms snowflake-like crystals. They loved salt-water-color painting!
























No comments:

Post a Comment