Friday, September 16, 2016

I am an Artist- First Day of Second Grade Art!

Second graders created these drawings in response to the prompt, "I am an artist when..." I love this activity as an introduction to the year. In the intro to the project, I tell them there are so many ways to be creative and to use your imagination, you just have to remember to look all around you for inspiration. Maybe you'll be awed by a poster you see in the art room, maybe you'll see something awesome on vacation and wonder how to capture its image, maybe you'll be daydreaming and something will just pop into your thoughts. I'm always amazed at the variety of responses I see, and I always learn something new about the kids.

"I am an artist when I am outside."

"I am an artist when I am drawing the world."

"I am an artist when I am everywhere inside or outside."

"I am an artist when I see something that an artist made."

"I am an artist when I see a sunset or a blank piece of paper."

"I am an artist when I am in my art cabinet."

"I am an artist when I see a paintbrush and paint in front of me."

" I am an artist when I am in the forest."

No comments:

Post a Comment