Thursday, June 11, 2020

Sixth Grade Artists' Choice Gallery, 2019-20

For our last assignment of the year, I asked my middle school students to choose their favorite work of art that they had created all year. They wrote artist statements explaining why they chose the work. I was happy to see such a great variety of choices, and I can't wait to see more from them as seventh graders!

You can click on the name of the project to see the lesson, and/or further description of the project.


 I chose Quarantine Painting Parodies because it was a fun thing to do and it was fun finding the equipment for it. It was a fun project and I would love to do it again.(JD)

I chose the Quarantine Self-Portrait project because it represents me. I also enjoy photography a lot. Doing this project was so fun and I was able to release creative energy.


I chose my crushed can art because I worked really hard on this project. Also, I think this is one of my best art pieces from sixth grade. I want people to see my favorite piece of artwork I have done. (TW)


I chose this piece of work because I love to make these and I want to share it with other people. (MP)

I chose my Pop Art Onomatopoeia because t is very colorful and vibrant. The colors help you hear the boom just by looking at it. (JP)

I chose the Pop Art Onomatopoeia because I thought that it was a really fun thing to make and that it was one of my favorite ones.  I really enjoyed doing this and had lots of fun with it. (GP)

The work I chose to submit is a piece of art made out of polymer clay that I made during my time out of school. In this sculpture, you can see that there is a carrot screaming because they are getting chopped up. Yes, it is a weird concept but I like to have different variations to my art and also expressions. The reason why I chose to present this art is because I am happy with the results which I admit is not a very common thing. I also think that this was a funny concept which I like because it makes it that much more interesting. I also just wanted to show others the art I usually do other than drawing. Hopefully this inspires others to try out new things no matter how bizarre it sounds. (NM)

The work that I have chosen to submit is my Pop Art Onomatopoeia drawing. I chose this piece of work for the Rashi Online Art Gallery because I am most proud of it and it stands out, which I like. (LK)

I have chosen to submit the “Draw Me A Song” art assignment. I chose this because I was able to choose any song I wanted, and it was fun to pick a song. Then I had fun thinking about how I interpret the song of my choice. (BG)

Draw me a Song was fun because I got to take a song that I like to listen to and make it to a 6th grade art project. Also it was really fun to draw. (AF)

During this perspective drawing project I drew diagonal lines and that made shapes look 3d. I chose my perspective room because it was my first time drawing in perspective. Also I think it is really cool. (EC)



I chose my crushed can art because I really liked it. And it was a fun way to  incorporate multiple different styles of art. (AG)


I chose my Draw Me a Song drawing because you could choose whatever song you want and I chose a song that was related to something I can draw well. (JC)





No comments:

Post a Comment